Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My top 12 Suikoden series town themes

The following are my favorite town themes in the Suikoden series. They are in no particular order, except for the first two songs.

The first is Rock Rockland from the first game, this is one of my all time favorite songs. It plays in a few towns in the beginning of the game. It first appears when entering the town of Rockland, but also plays in two other towns Lenankamp, and Sarady. There was even an official remix made of this song, and it's AWESOME.


The second is called "Scenery By the Windmills", it plays in the town of "Estrise", and is also my favorite town theme of the Suikoden series and appears in the fifth game.



The rest do not follow any order, but I made sure to get a song from every game, except for Suikoden Tumugareshi, as I have not played that one, and I don't know the town themes.

The next one is "People of Great Pride" from the first Suikoden. It's the theme that plays when you go to the town of the dwarf people, I find that this theme, is just very powerful, and just walking around the town with this theme on is just simply magical.



The next theme is in continuation of the previous theme, in Suikoden V we get to see dwarves again and the town has a great theme just as in the first game. The title is "The People Underground".


Let's move on to a theme from the fourth game, the town is called Middleport and it is my favorite town in the game, and it has a nice theme too. Since Suikoden IV takes place on a bunch of islands, it has a water theme to it. The theme is called "Orange colored Scenery", even though the entire town is made out of stone and is gray.



The next song is a song that took me forever to like.  I mean forever.. I first played Suikoden II, when I was 9, and I only recently started to like this song when I was 23! lol.
It's from the town called South Window, the song is called "Nahala Yam Koong", it's different, but it's awesome!


Following Suikoden II, we have the hero's home town. Kyaro, the theme is called "Homesickness". It's a very powerful song if you have played through the whole game, but even if you haven't, I am sure it's still very powerful anyways.


We're now going to go to city type themes, and start off with the theme from the first game, the home town of the hero Tir Greminster. The song is titled "Beautiful Golden City".


The next one is from the third game, and plays when in the town of "Vinay Del Zexay".



The next is a two-parter, as they are both from Suikoden V. They play back to back in the same town, one song plays when you're in the castle, and the second song plays when you're in the town.

The first is "Imperial Capital".


The second is "Power like the Sun".


The last song is from Suikoden Tierkreis, and it is actually similar to the two Suikoden V songs above. It's when in the town of Janamu Sorcery.


 And that is my list of the top 12 Suikoden town themes!

1 comment: