Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sword Art Online review

In today's post, I am going to write about the anime Sword Art Online.

For those of you who do not know, Sword Art Online, or SAO for short... Is an anime about a virtual reality game called Sword Art Online (Shocking). When players log onto SAO for the first time, they get trapped inside of the game! The only way out is to beat the game. The only problem is, if you die in the game, you die in real life too. Not to mention there are like 100 levels each, with difficult bosses.
SAO is as it says, there is no magic, and all characters mainly use their weapons and/or weapon based skills.
The second part of the anime entails another Virtual Reality game called Alfheim Online, which involves characters as different classes of fairies, and being magic based instead.
The game stars Kazuya, who uses Kirito as his username. Kirito is a solo player, and tends to go on missions alone. Every now and again, another character will accompany him. Eventually, Kirito joins up with Asuna, a girl with orange hair. (Yep, that's my description, a girl with orange hair.)


Sword Art Online has lot's of action, adventure, and romance.

The things that I like about Sword Art Online are as follows...

 • Battle scenes - SAO has some really awesome battles.

 • Interesting characters - It has some interesting characters, but not enough screen time!

•  The Worlds - The worlds presented in SAO, and Alfheim are very mystical and magical, they're very interesting places. The story has some interesting twists.

The things I didn't like about SAO.... 

Romance - The anime comes off as an action adventure anime, not as a romance So when there are episodes that really get lovey dovey,it just turned me off, especially since I don't care for boy x girl romances. 

Un-needed Pervert and Ecchi moments - As I said above, it comes off as an action adventure anime. Not an ecchi anime, so when Asuna's boob gets groped, or Kirito's cousin is in the shower, those were not enjoyable moments for me, AT ALL!
Not to mention, that there was just no need for any of the perverted scenes. Considering I am not attracted to women, I do not want to see that kind of thing! Like keep it in Romance, Yuri, and Ecchi anime!

•  Incest Love - (Slight spoiler alert) 
Kirito's female cousin is in love with him. The fact that there are more incestual one sided/loves in anime than homosexual characters/couples, makes no sense.
I just think the incest thing is getting old, like seriously what is with Japan's obsession with incestual romances? They can't even add one good gay male/female character in an anime, but every sister and brother want to bone each other in every anime that's ever existed, it's just annoying!

 SAO was okay, but just didn't like it that much. It starts off as an action-adventure fantasy anime, and then switches to romance, and the story just keeps switching itself. It's like the anime just didn't know what genre it wanted to be. The weird perverted parts were the last straw, when I heard a second season was being made, but it was basically becoming a female ecchi type anime, I was out! I had no desire to ever watch this series again, I'll just watch Log Horizon instead! Overall, It has it's good moments that really had me watching episode after episode, but then it also has it's bad moments where it was just dull and boring. It also tends to be cliché, but it's okay, I would give it a 6 out of 10.

I also posted this on Anime Planet here.

Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment