Sunday, May 22, 2016

Vampire Holmes

I really like how I made the bats in this banner. I'll have to use this trick again sometime!





Vampire Holmes is a very quirky little short series anime, that only I liked, and watched. There is no one else in the world who has watched this anime, except me.. Also, the intro theme is catchy, and fun!

There are good, funny, random anime's like Bobobo or Strange+. Vampire Holmes would fit that bill, especially since no one liked Strange+, or Bobobo, except for me. (Actually, not true, my brother likes Bobobo as well)
Vampire Holmes kind of random is so random, that I just don't even know what's going on! It's just like, "Huh? What? Huh?"...
The anime refuses to make much sense, there is however a two-parter from episodes 6-7.. Which I thought was surprising.

 I think the animation is good, apparently everyone hates it, but I have no problem with it. The ending scene for each episode has this beautifully done background of the galaxy, which I think is so pretty!

The music is good, they have this cool song called "Everlasting Love" by Nami Tamaki, which I wish was longer... because it's actually pretty good!

 The characters I find are likable, except they aren't very fleshed out due to it being such a short anime! I would love to see what they could actually do with the characters, but no such luck!

 The main focus, I find is they made this to advertise their game of the same name. I checked it up on the app store, and the reviews for the game are actually good. (Despite it only being two reviews, don't judge me...) It does make me want to check the game out, but it's not in English, so not much luck. It just makes me wonder if the characters are this silly in the actual game!

(The game is for IOS & Android.)

My verdict is, I've seen anime's that bored me to death, this anime is not one of them.. Vampire Holmes is just "whatever" to me, so I don't mind it, but I'm not "OmG tHiS iS tHe BeSt AnImE eVeR" Either.

Two more things..

1. The weird thing, the main character's name is Vampire Holmes, and yet there is no reference of him being a Vampire. I assume it's an in-game only thing, but still kind of strange.

2. One of the things I did like, is that there is a very SLIGHT homo-erotic undertone, it really only appeared once or twice, but I thought that was interesting. Quick! To the YAOI Mobile!!



Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment