Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Retail Stories: Why couldn't they get it together?

This is the 8th edition of Retail Stories, this is the edition of people that just need to get it together. When I thought my life was a mess, I sure didn't know of these people! *Audience Laughter*.

Can You Put This On Hold?


There was this one lady on the phone, she asked me if we still had these ugly outdoor cushions (Or at least, I think I thought they were ugly? I either thought they were pretty, or ugly, I don't exactly remember.. I want to say they were red, and white stripes.. but I might be thinking of something else). She asked me to put them on hold for her, which I did. My store can only hold items until the end of the night, if they aren't picked up, the item goes back on the floor. By the next day, they were still there, and she hadn't picked them up yet. She called the store again, asking to put them on hold, so we just kept them on hold. She kept doing this everyday, she would ask me, or someone else to put those outdoor chair cushions on hold, but she'd never come to pick them up! Finally, the supervisor got a hold of her. She told the lady, if she doesn't pick them up that day, they were going back on the floor. The lady said she'd come and get them, but she never did! Those stupid cushions sat there for a long time too! Months later, when they were still there, I even thought, "Those are the cushions that lady said she'd buy, but never did!".  She really sounded like she wanted them, but instead she was just playing musical chairs!

I'm..IN...IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 

This isn't a Valentine's day post, but conveniently this is posted on V-Day, and this could be the closest thing to a V-Day post you'll get right now. This was coincidental, as I didn't know when I was going to  make this post. I just happen to have the day off, and in the mood to write!

There's this one weird lady that would frequent the store, I haven't seen her for at-least half a year. But every time she'd come in, or even call the store. She'd ask if this one guy Jaime was in, because she was super obsessed, and "in love with him". Here we have a woman, who has to be in her forties, and she's obsessing over someone that could be her kid. Now, I'm all for age differences, but to just obsess and stalk some kid that works in a store, is bonafide CRAZY!
She also has no problem talking about her dirty laundry. One time, she admitted to an associate that she had to shove toilet paper up her "HOO-HA" because she's on her period. Well... isn't that a lovely tale....

Marsha Marsha Marsha!

There was a lady caught on camera, who walked straight into the window! Instead of walking into the front door that opens, she walked right into the glass window in the middle of the doors that don't open. The result of doing so, was that she broke her nose. The security dude showed me the video, and it was pretty funny. Although, apparently I think she sued, which makes no sense because it's her fault she's an idiot and can't read the big stickers that say ENTER AND EXIT..




Ain't Got No Time Fo' Dat!

This one lady took about 2-5 minutes, to ruffle through all of her change. Took so much time to count it, that by the time she was done searching through her bag, and COUNTED the money. A moderately sized line formed, and I had to call other people up to help ring...
If it were me, I'd be worried that I was wasting everyone's time! Also, I'd just use a card, it's easier/quicker.
 
Keywords: Why retail is the worst job, Who are retail customers?, Why retail jobs are bad, Retail is hard, Retail Experience, Retail Examples, Retail Industry, Retail Sector, Retail Times, Retail Workers.
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment