Thursday, April 8, 2021

Reasons why I don't like Alcohol

People are generally surprised and\or offended when I tell them I don't drink alcohol. Which is rather bizarre since, why do you care so much about how someone else lives their life? Quite frankly it's no one's business why someone may or may not drink and it gets annoying after a while when someone harasses me every time they see me, trying to get me to drink when I've told them countless times, I don't drink

I should just ask these people what food they hate and then just try to get them to eat it, see how they like it!! 

 Anyways... here's why I don't drink.

1. Alcohol tastes disgusting!

2. Hangovers

The idea of having a terrible headache and throwing up next day is not my idea of a good time. Like why would someone want to do something that makes you intentionally sick?! I hate being sick and I don't like throwing up, so why do something that would make it happen?

 I'm scratching my head trying to understand the appeal to alcoholic beverages!

3. People get mad at you because you're not a drinker, or they try to force you to drink.

You have people like my aunt and uncle, who always pester me into trying to get me to drink alcohol. Like any time I see them, they try to force alcoholic beverages on me, and I always say no. In some cases, they make a comment saying they "spiked" my drink, or make some lame joke that it doesn't have alcohol, in a fashion in which they seem disappointing I won't drink...

Sometimes they even hand me a cup randomly, and try to get me to drink what's in it. I'm just like, you know I don't like alcohol, so why are you giving me this? 

One time I even told my uncle, Sorry I'm not an alcoholic like you!

If you're going to be annoying, then I'm just going to get bitchy about it!


 

 

What really pissed me off, is this one time I posted on Instagram that it was my birthday, all of my friends commented saying "Happy Birthday!". My aunt commented on my Instagram saying "Go have a beer". No Happy Birthday, no anything. Just, go have a beer! Seriously?! That comment really bothered me.

My friends don't have a problem with my not being a drinker, and if anything I can be the designated driver! 

(Maybe make some extra cash driving everyone home lol)

This has been going on for years at this point, and it's so frustrating. Like why does it bother them so much that I don't drink? Like it doesn't involve you, so why does it matter?

 We also have had family members who have DIED from alcoholism, so why would you even want to repeat the process?

4. Alcohol can lead to death due to a variety of ways.
When I say this, I don't mean that I'm thinking "I wouldn't drink alcohol because it can lead to death!" That's not what I mean, what I'm saying is due to the effects of alcohol, it can lead to people dying in various ways.

• We've had a distant relative who got so drunk, she passed out in the shower while it was turned on hot and she basically boiled herself to death!

• A recent passing we had, was a cousin who was on painkillers and drank alcohol (The bottles on medicine always say, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES while taking this item), he literally dropped dead and the only person home was his young teen.

• Not to mention, all of the lives in general lost to Drunk Drivers. There's so much innocent killing that is caused by Drunk Driving. 

Shouldn't someone who doesn't want to drink be praised? Ok so maybe praised is a little narcissistic, but it should at the very least be Respected, Encouraged as a good thing!

One time I was in a car with my friend Donna, and our friends Victor and Val were driving in a separate car. We were in the left lane and Donna spots a car in front of us COMING TOWARDS US!!! Like they were driving the wrong way!! Luckily we were able to get out of the way. Unfortunately, they crashed into an SUV, but the only person that got hurt was the driver (Who died. We found this information out a year later, we didn't witness it happen)

It was a wild experience and a wild thing to happen, fortunately one of the only stories where the innocent weren't killed.


 

5. Alcohol is linked to numerous health issues and can even cause/contribute to Depression, Anxiety, Violent Behavior and many other issues.


If alcohol was a good thing, we wouldn't have things like AA meetings, or countless murders due to it. People complain that Marijuana is a "Dangerous Drug", but in reality, Alcohol is the most dangerous and it's also very legal!

At the end of the day...

I don't care if you drink, just drink responsively and don't try to force non-drinkers to drink, it's not going to happen. Also, don't be rude and say something like WhAt Do YoU mEaN yOu DoN't DrInK?! It's obnoxious!

I can respect that you like to drink, just respect that I don't like it and stop harassing me for it, it's annoying!!!

Also

Here's a blog post I found that I thought was really cool, check it out! (It redirects as a normal link, so I had to make a cached version of it.)
It's okfor people to not drink alcohol and why you should be a dick about it - Use Your Outside Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment