Thursday, February 26, 2015

What color is the dress?

There's a current topic that is raging all over online, it's a simple picture of a dress. The problem? Some people are saying it's White and Gold, while other people are saying it's Blue and Black. Doesn't make sense right?




Some people say White and Gold, other people say Black and Blue. Some even say Periwinkle and Brown! quite a few are even saying it's changing colors right in front of them!

What is my verdict? Well, when I saw the dress on my sisters phone, I thought it was Periwinkle and Brown. But when I saw it on my computer, it was Blue and Black. My friend, and cousin both saw White and Gold, while my cousin's boyfriend saw Blue and Black. After my friend looked at it again, it was Blue and Black, and he asked what sorcery this was!?

The bottom line, what is the color of the dress?

Actually, the dress is on sale, it comes in a few colors, White and Black, Red and Black, Blue and Black and Pink and Black.

It's actually Blue and Black, there isn't one with White and Gold...

http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/70931?colour=royal-blue

There are a few theories however...

Someone did some photoshop investigations.

"I checked the color on an Adobe Color pallet. Here are the Results:

-The Lace is mainly: Medium Gray-Orange Solid Color

-The Rest of the dress is mainly: Medium Gray-Royal Blue Solid Color

But also, there are many different colored pixels within each section. For Example: The Lace contains Orange, Brown, Black, Red, and Yellow. The Rest of the dress also contains: Cyan, Purple, White, Royal Blue, and Navy Blue. I believe is is all about how your brain processes the color arrangement within the dress (How it processes the colors combined as a whole)."

Another person said it has to do with our eyes and how we perceive something, we all have retinas and that's what allows us to see color. In theory it could change how one person see's something and how another person does, this also adds to the theory, do we all see the same red or blue as you do.. or as do I?

Another theory is that it has to do with our emotions, if something bag has happened recently, we'll perceive it as Black and Blue, but if we're all good, we'll see it as Gold and White.

The reason for why everyone's seeing differently could be one of the above, it may be one I didn't mention. It could be something else entirely, but it's up for you to decide.


Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment