Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The 21st of August is a special day for me

I cannot believe it's the 21st already! The 21st of August is a special day for me that I think will always have a special place in my heart!

The 21st of August 2009, was the day that I realized, and accepted my sexuality as gay male.

Before that day for at least 1-2 years, I was so confused, and I just didn't want to be the person that was starting to shine through as the real me.

Even though I understood, and accepted my sexuality, I was not a happy camper at first,. There was a whole lot of maturing, and growing up I had to do.

I've learned so much over the past four years, and my eyes were very closed before hand. I had no idea of the ignorance, and hatred that occurred in this world when you are LGBT+.
It took a while for me to adjust to accept who I really was as a person, but I was able to do so and now, I'm better than ever!

I do find it a shame that society has built stereotypes that men, or women who are LGBT have to act, and/or behave a certain way to be LGBT. This was one of the big reasons why I didn't think I was gay because,


I wasn't like the people on tv, or in the "real world".





I wasn't flamboyant, I wasn't necessarily feminine. I was just a shy quiet nerd, that liked Anime, and Video games. I didn't realize I could be gay, because I didn't fit the mold of flamboyancy. I didn't know you could be an average joe, and be gay. I thought you had to be a cross-dressing, flamboyant person, to be gay.
This is why it's important to see lgbt people, of all shapes, sizes, and personalities, on tv, and in other media. I couldn't relate with people on tv, because I wasn't like them. I didn't know it was possible.

In reality, everyone is different. No matter what someone is, they can, and should be who they are! All because some people are one way, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. Stereotypes are not to be trusted, and are very toxic! It just causes negative assumptions on people.

Hopefully one day society will take away stereotypes, and let people be who they are. (And not have people asking me if I want to date their friend with big breasts 50 times a day, just because I'm male, and don't fit the role of a flamboyant guy. )
There are plenty of flamboyant straight guys out there, as well as the gay ones.

I'm also not a big fan of the word Gay, as everyone uses it to mean "stupid". (As of 2019, I'm getting over it, and don't mind it so much anymore)

I prefer the word curved, because you don't go straight to the opposite gender, you curve to the same!
Let's make this an actual word people! Spread it around!

So, for now, and forever the 21st will always be a special day for me. Even if it just involves me sitting in a chair eating chips, and playing video games all day. :P

If you want the complete story and understanding, then just check this link out.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Hotspots_Journal/forum/3853436/2/
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment