Friday, August 30, 2013

What college did for me.

Gather round' children, and local hobo! It's time for me to tell you what college did for me!

Question: What did college do for you Hotspot?

Answer: College allowed for me to go into financial debt at a young age, yay! :D


I started going to college in the summer of 2008, right after I graduated high school.

My college screwed me over  big time, and I'm not the only one.

• For starters, I graduated a year later because they screwed up, and wouldn't let me take more classes than I should have.

• Then after getting my associates in Graphic Design, I went to go for my bachelors. However, they wouldn't let me back in, unless I started paying them! If I am correct, you're not suppose to pay the college money, unless if you've been out of that school for 6 months!

I was stuck not being able to pay them, and they wouldn't let me go back until then. I couldn't get a paying job at the time because I didn't have any experience in my field, or work experience at all.

• I ended up getting two volunteer jobs for a year, and a quarter. 20+  interviews later, I ended up getting a job in retail. Which ironically, I never went on an interview with, they hired me on the spot, after an orientation with them.

• The loan company wants me to pay 400 a month. By the time I got a job in retail, I was only making about 20--150 a week. I had to pay for rent, and other expenses.

My Student Loans get higher and higher, as I cannot pay the amount they want. As I edit this in 2019, I've only ever been paid minimum wage, which is currently 12 an hr. When I started retail, minimum wage was 7.25 an hour. check out my hourly wage guide!

Ironically, almost 10 years later, and I've yet to get a job in my field "Graphic Design". The most of done, is for this blog, and for forums, back in the day.



Funny enough, I've learned more things on my own, and online, than I did at that school. The only good thing about my college experience, was the friends I made.

The staff did not care about you once you are not enrolled anymore, I called three different people at three different times, and NOT ONE ever got back to me, how is that customer service exactly?
My friend was also groped by a teacher on camera, and when the "staff", looked at the footage, the "footage", was conveniently gone. Another time, a male professor told one of the girl students to wear more clothing because "It's distracting". This college was honestly a disgrace.

Most of the teachers were cool, (except the creepy ones) the one admissions counselor was nice too! She bumped into me in retail once, and was glad that I found something to keep me up.

Luckily, the college closed down in 2018. They actually got sued back around 2015, I got a large sum of money to help pay my loans.


Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment