Thursday, May 15, 2014

My synopsis on the Tomorrow People and The 100

I find it funny how every time I like a show, they get canceled, but every show I don't like gets renewed for 100 more seasons! Which happened again for two shows on the CW. A show that I liked, The Tomorrow People got canceled, a show that I didn't like, the 100 got renewed. Even though both shows had about the same amount of viewers.




The Tomorrow People

So, there was the show called the Tomorrow People (US version). It was on the CW, and it starred Robbie Amell as the lead character Steven. Basically he was a part of a race known as the Tomorrow People, who had three powers known as the three T's, Telepathy, Telekineses and Teleportation. 

(Steven could also stop Time, so he had 4 abilities "Temporal manipulation").

The Tomorrow People, were on the run, but also fighting against a company called Ultra, who were trying to eradicate the Tomorrow People.

In my opinion, the Tomorrow People was a good show. I thought it was interesting, the characters were cool, and their abilities were also pretty cool.
Although I liked it, I did find that they could have done better with the story, but what they really needed to empathize on more, was the shock factor. There was a character that died in the middle of the season, and although it was shocking, it was only shocking for a few moments. Where as Teen Wolf, and The Arrow had shocking character deaths that were so shocking, you were still thinking about it a week later! I think that they could have added more to it to make the death more shocking, and just heart wrenching like they did with The Arrow, and Teen Wolf.
But other than that, it was a fantastic show, and I think it's annoying that it has been canceled! I feel that although it wasn't the best, there was still room for lot's of improvement!

 

The 100

The 100 is about 90 years in the future, humans destroyed earth, and now live in a giant space ship orbiting earth. 100 teenage to 18 year old prisoners get sent down to earth to see what it is like there, and to see if humans can start to survive there.
When they get there, you have the stupid kids starting wars, rioting and doing their own thing. Then you have the heroine, who is trying to figure out what to do in order to contact the space ship, to tell them what is going on, after their communication system broke.
Eventually they find out that they are not alone, there is in fact, humans who survived the apocalypse on earth. Not only are the 100 kids fighting amongst each other, but they also have to worry about the aborigine's that lurk in the shadows. Most of the drama in the beginning, is 100 fighting each other. This show probably has one death an episode. Overall, It's all about the kids finding out how to survive, especially in this world that isn't as friendly as it may seem.

I actually never meant to watch this show at all, I did not think it sounded interesting, I am just not a fan of the whole space theme. Even if it's not actually a space type of show, but I am also not a fan of the whole survivor theme either.
I ended up watching about the first 4-5 episodes, I stopped because I had to work the past two weeks and then when I could watch it, I just didn't feel like it.
The show almost always has something shocking at the end of each episode, and that is pretty good, almost every episode of the 5 had me with my mouth dropped to the floor.
But I just found the whole premise and the whole story just so boring! I can't really explain it, but I just do not find it entertaining! Maybe because it's not a magical type of show, there's no magic powers or strange monsters lurking in the dark. it's just another post/after apocalyptic sci fi show.

Thank u NEXT!

I also tried Defiance last year, and I could not get into that one either. The only thing cool about that show, in my opinion, was the female lead character used throwing knives as her weapon. I love me some throwing knives! There's also the fact that I had a crush on Grant Bowler for a while....

What I think is weird, is that The Tomorrow People and The 100 were actually head to head with views, the 100 only beat the Tomorrow People by a little bit, why not renew them both?
So of course the show I actually liked is the one that gets canceled, and the boring one I don't like doesn't. Of course this is good for fans of the 100, but I will not be tuning in anymore because it just doesn't entertain me one bit!

(As I edit this post in 2019, the 100 now has 6 seasons, and revealed a couple of LGBT characters, and I will aplaud them for that. Still not interested in it though. )

It's a shame because I love supernatural, and action shows, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Warehouse 13, The Arrow. It was cool to add The Tomorrow People to the line up, but now that it's been canceled, the list of cool Supernatural/action shows that I watch, has not increased, but it's decreased since Warehouse 13 is ending it's run!

My only hope is for this new show that will be on NBC in the fall called Constantine, and the Arrow spin off "The Flash". (Edit from 2018, thank goodness they made Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl.)

I don't know, I feel like the world needs more supernatural, sci fi and action shows. But not ones about Zombies, surviving, space or post apocalyptic things, because those do not interest me, and they are incredibly overrated! I want Magic, I want Medieval, I want supernatural, I want mysterious creatures. I do not want Zombies, space or desolate planets!

Check out my post about Zombies, and why I think they're overrated! "Le Link"
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment