Thursday, May 22, 2014

When people don't reply back?



I don't know about you, but I absolutely HATE it when I send someone a message or a text, and the person NEVER responds.
Sometimes it can be okay if you're simply stating something such as "I've heard we might get 5 inches of snow, so prepare now!" I sent a similar text before to like 20 people, and did not get many responses, which is fine because it was just a notice. (A notice that ended up not even happening, so then I just felt like a douche because it seemed as if I was pulling things out of my ass to freak people out, it ended up not snowing that much at all.) Another example is a picture I sent to a few of my friends via text, it was the picture of the movie "Elf Bowling: The Movie", I had to send it to some of my friends because of how absurd the title and picture was alone..
Out of the five people I sent it to, I only got two replies back, which was fine. It's just a silly picture, It's probably better not to reply at all, if you're going to just say lol anyways. Not getting responses for those two examples were completely fine, as they didn't necessarily need a response.

The thing that bugs me is when I haven't messaged someone in a while, and I try to reconnect by saying hi, or if I ask an important question, I never get a response! When this happens on facebook, you can tell if they read it or not, as it will say things like this.

In which you never get a response, and you're just like 

"Iz you there, iz you okay, cuz I need ta know" - Glozell


I just do not get why people do not respond, it's not everyone, it's always certain people too. 
The interesting thing for me however, is if a good friend of mine does not reply to me, it doesn't bother me. 
But when someone is one of your friends, or someone who you think is your friend, who you aren't (as) close with, when they don't respond it bothers me a whole lot.
I guess that is because your close friends, you know they have your back and vice versa. If they don't respond it usually just means they're busy or just didn't know what to say, it's also possible they have a bad phone connection, but you know they always respond eventually or always respond to very important messages! (Unless they never get it).
Of course, those things can also happen to anyone. But when someone constantly ignores your texts or messages, I find that annoying and incredibly rude! I am not an annoying person, I am not going to always ask you how you are every day or something... I always back off if someone doesn't respond.
To me it's just so rude. You can't just say that you're doing well and then end it? It's better than not responding.

If I wanted to be a dick, I could just tell them flat out something along the lines of "Fine, don't respond to my message", or "If you don't want to talk to me, you could just say so, I won't talk to you if you do not want me to". Someone I used to know actually did that to me once, cause she got a new phone and her contacts didn't all transfer over. When I had texted her something, she asked who I was and I didn't know what to say, there was something else involved..and she just went "Fine, don't answer me" and she figured out who I was on her own somehow. I was like excuuuusse me princess...

What really annoys me is when I ask someone something important, and they never respond to me! This has happened to me five times on facebook, and every time I asked someone a question, they don't respond, but it clearly says "Seen at.. etc..". and I am just like "Dis bitch".

I'm going to list what happened, obviously I won't list who they were, as I am not going to tell people my "friends" names on a public place such as this. But I will be posting this on facebook and if they actually do read this, they may know I am talking about them. Perhaps they could learn from this post? Chances are they won't read it though.. since they don't even bother to reply back, but you never know!

The first time was a year ago back in the spring of 2013, I was having trouble with my student loan company. So I asked all of my college friends to find out if they had the same company, every person that I asked responded saying they had someone else, my one friend showed me a parody of the company I have, which was pretty funny and true.
The one friend that responded to me, she said her company was the one I had, which was great! But when I asked her another question regarding the company, she never responded back! Meanwhile, I really needed an answer! Since it was a year ago, I actually don't remember what I ended up doing, but it's water under the bridge now.
After that, I started to question if she was my friend or not, because she happened to do that a whole lot. I told my friend Donna, who I talk to all the time, and she had said that it is just how the girl is, she just doesn't respond all of the time.
I guess she considers me a friend because she has cleaned up her facebook friends list a few times, and I am still on it, and meanwhile some of my other friends from college are not on it anymore.
I actually posted about this. On Here
[On the upside, she invited me to an event on facebook today May/12th.]
(She ended up unfriending me on facebook, in 2016-2017-ish)

Note: I guess she just doesn't like answering messages! But it's still not cool and annoying to not respond!

Another time was when I thought I was friends with my cousins ex girlfriend; when she unfriended me on facebook, I told her that I was offended and that I thought she was my friend blah blah blah.. it said she read it, but she never said goodbye or anything. I just think it would have been nice to say farewell, or something of the sort, instead of just ending it without a word.
Once again, I made a post on this blog Here and Here
I think it would have been nice to say goodbye, I may have still been angry at her.. but at least it would be something.

Note: I'm actually going to make her a character in one of my stories! I am going to make her a bad guy, and then in the end of the arc, the hero (My character) and her character will get their memories erased and will no longer even know that the other exists, she will also go back to being a good guy without powers. (Her character will be a mage who turns evil.)

The next friend that didn't respond to my message is no longer my friend; but not for what you think. She was a work friend, and although I thought she was my friend, I guess she didn't think the same. After she left our job, I sent her a message about places where you can apply for jobs and all sorts of stuff, just being a helpful friend is all I was being, and she replied saying thanks. All was good, but then one day a few weeks later, she made a status on facebook saying she was bored and if anyone wanted to talk to her, to message her. So, I sent her a message saying that I am good at asking questions. The weird thing is it said that she never read the message.. but a few months later she unfriended me and everyone that worked at my job except for one person. So I was like whatev's, I thought we could be friends but I guess not. It did seem like she wanted to be at work, but that is not always the case.

Note: It's really weird because it seemed like she wanted to be my friend, but I guess not. Maybe she was just a fair-weather friend or something.

Another friend that decided not to respond was fairly recent, only about 2-3 months ago. I had suggested two of my friends a job at the store I work at, one of them applied with no problem and the other one was having difficulties with it because there was something wrong with his email.
So, when I asked my one friend who applied for the job with no problem, well first she got mad at me and complained to me that I was bugging her too much about the job that she didn't really want, but I was just trying to be there for a friend and I really want to work with someone I already know. I told her I wouldn't ask her about it anymore; but my other friend was having a problem with the email he was using to apply for the job so I simply asked her what email group she had used (EX Yahoo, gmail), a manager was telling me certain emails don't always work with the system. Even though my message wasn't about her getting the job, which I didn't ask her about. She never responded to me, even though it was very important to find out, she never responded! Fortunately, the problem fixed itself. But, my friend always answers me, so I guess she was just still mad.. even though it wasn't about her, it was about our other friend. But that bothered me because I still needed to find that out.



Note: This is the only friend I have in this post that I do actually talk to on occasion, she does respond to me.. just not this time. But it was an important message, so that is why it is here.

The most recent is the one I am annoyed about currently, this is because it's happened before. I have one friend let's call her "Rin" who stopped working at the store I work at, I had added her on facebook. The first time I messaged her, she didn't respond. But then out of the blue a month later, she messaged me giving me her number. The main reason was because she lost our mutual friend's number "Lilly" and gave me it so I could give Lilly her number. A few months pass, and now Lilly no longer works at my job either. I was in the day Lilly was leaving, and she asked me when I was leaving, it seemed like she wanted to keep in touch with me... but of course when I was actually leaving, I had a durr moment where I was in social anxiety mode and just couldn't ask her to keep in touch! This happens a whole lot to me, there are plenty of things I miss out on because of my social anxiety. This was back in June 2013.
I just asked Rin how is it going, we had a little conversation on fb going there and that was cool. Months later just recently April-May 2014, I asked how she was and I got no response whatsoever, just a "Seen at.."
Then almost a month goes by and my one friend from work was telling me about how she misses Lilly and would like to talk to her again, I too wish to talk to Lilly again, but when I hinted to Rin via text about wondering how Lilly was, she never responded. Unfortunately, I never got Lilly's contact information.
I asked two people on facebook. I sent a message to Rin and another girl who left before Rin, who we will call Rina. I sent a message on facebook saying about how my friend wanted to know how Lilly was doing and if either of them were still in touch with them, I gave them my friend's number and left it at that.
The next day it says they both read the message. I gave both of them my number and my friend's number, it has been about a day and we have not received any texts from anyone, not Lilly, not Rin, not Rina.. no one. I can understand if Lilly doesn't want to talk to us, but the fact of the matter is, neither of them decided to respond to me in the facebook message.. so I have no idea if they even did anything. For all I know, they just read the message and went "Bitch please!".

(As of 2019, I no longer talk to these people. But every now and again, I will like Rin's posts on facebook, and she'll like some of mine too.)

Note: Don't just read it and do nothing, if you don't have Lilly's number, say you don't have it, if you don't want to do it... say so.. I'm not going to get psycho on you.. in fact I have a better chance on getting mad if you don't even bother to friggin respond to me at all!!! Because that just gets me annoyed!
I just don't understand why it is so hard to respond! It's just plain rude and makes me wonder if they even consider me their friend.

I feel that people need to be more clear with me, if you do not want to talk to me, just say it to me. Yes, It may hurt my feelings and yes I may start to dislike you for that, but at least I don't look like an annoying jerk off for sending you messages every now, and again and not getting a reply. Otherwise I just look like I'm a hyperactive loser that wants to be friends with you. If I send you a message, it means I consider you a friend and want to keep in touch! If you do not want to keep in touch, then just flat out tell me. I will not freak out on you, at least I don't think I would. Plus, if you only have me on facebook, then just unfriend me, simple as that. I hate it when people unfriend me, but at least I know where we stand.
It's just really frustrating to me! 
It's funny though, because when someone doesn't respond and they never respond, this also tells me that they are unreliable, or at least unreliable to me. So, when I have a problem or whatever, I know not to go to them, because they aren't even going to bother with me!

When it comes to friendship, I hold it very dearly, I think it's because I didn't have many friends growing up as a kid, so I consider every interesting person my friend and I always want to be there for them and vice versa. But I've realized that not everyone is there for me, and the ones that don't care, I shouldn't really worry about them since they obviously don't care about me.
I need to be careful on who are my real friends, and I need to pay more attention to that. I was texting one of my friends who I know is my real friend and she was telling me that maybe I am just too friendly, I have to find out who really cares and those are the ones to talk to!

On a side note, I know for a fact that the ones who are definitely your friends, are the ones that go out of their way to talk to you and see you etc..
There are certain people at work that I know are my friends because they will hunt me down to say hi, which is also something I would do as well! When they are just completely interested in you and want to talk to you, that is definitely when they want to be and are your friend.

Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment