Saturday, July 6, 2013

Final Fantasy VII fans can hate me now.



Get your pitchforks and torches ready because this post is about my dislike for Final Fantasy VII, and why I do not think it is a good game, nor do I think it deserves the attention it gets!

Notice: I probably played it when I was 14, back in 2004. (Anytime I tell someone I didn't like the game, they thought I played it last Tuesday. So I wanted to put this out there, that I played it back in the day when we didn't have the Video Game graphics we have now.)

I got FF7 from my dad's friend (And the strategy guide!) I had made a so called friend in middle school, who asked to borrow FF 7, as well as the guide which I let him borrow. I kept asking him when he'd give it back, and he never gave it back, and then he moved! This is not only how I got the game, but also how It was essentially stolen from me as well.
Since I didn't like the game, I  didn't mind not having it that much. But, I also really do not want to waste my money on buying it, unless it's like 1-5 dollars to free. (If I were to replay it again.)
Good thing I didn't let him borrow my FF 8, it took like 8 years for me to finally start liking it. (It wasn't until (2012) when I re-tried FF8 and started to like it, in which I found out it's one of more disliked game of the series.) I really like the idea of snatchin' weaves magic, from monsters, and being able to use spells that you stole from them of your choice in battle! Also funny that I dislike the most popular FF game, and like one that most people dislike.

Why don't I like FFVII?
 
To be honest, I don't have many reasons. I just found the game to be  incredibly boring, and just could not get into it. The weird shade of blue, and terrible graphics of it's time did not help it's case either.
Unfortunately I did not know you could change the menu screen color until I no longer had the game!

Another thing I dislike about the game isn't about the game itself, but it's fans.

In my opinion, the game is severely overrated. But what drives me nuts is, anytime I tell someone I don't like FFVII, they will harass me, until I tell them I'll "give it another try". They'll explain to me that it's such a great game, and that I need to try it again, because they know I will definitely like it, and how there's no way someone can dislike this "great game". Quite frankly, it's annoying to be told this countless times! This makes me dislike it even more.

Sure, I wouldn't mind trying it again, maybe if they did a remake. But I doubt I'd like it, and even if I still didn't like it, I don't get why people have such a "hard on", for trying to convert haters into fans.

Some people don't like the things you like, get over it!

I bet I can name 20 RPG series that I believe are better than Final Fantasy VII...

Atelier Iris
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross
Contact
Dark Cloud
Disgaea
Fable
Grandia
Growlanser
La Pucelle Tactics
Luminous arc
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Shadow Hearts
Shin Megami Tensei / Persona
Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
Star Ocean
Suikoden
Treasure of Rudras
Valkyrie Profile


Just to name a few..

I actually want to play Final Fantasy 7 again, just so I can have more reasons to hate it! lol
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment