Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tamako Market





So, I started watching this anime called Tamako Market, and I am LOVING IT!! I watched 6 episodes in a day, which I only do if I really like a show.

The anime is about a girl named Tamako, who meets a talking bird named Dera. Dera, is in search for a princess for his prince.
Dera is a complete weirdo, slightly perverted, and a complete narcissist!

Tamako market has lot's of interesting characters, and introduces more every episode. Dera, aside from being slightly a pervert, actually helps out the characters with their problems.

What I like about the anime, is that it brings in lot's of cliché elements, but throws them out the window, and makes the cliché things interesting and different.

What I think is also cool is that unlike many anime, it is not heteronormative! (Look it up).
The first scene introduces a blonde male to female transgender character. The second episode has no problem mentioning that one of Tamako's friend's, get valentine's day stuff from the guys, and the girls. Not to mention, it is very clear, that one of Tamako's female friends is in love with Tamako! Along with Tamako's male friend who is also in love with her as well. (The two of them have a bit of a rivalry, and understanding that they both like Tamako)
It's really an anime for everyone, it's fun, funny and heartwarming!

It is definitely the feel good anime of 2013.

Oh yeah, and the ending theme Neguse is AWESOME! (As I edit this in 2019, I haven't seen TM for at least 5 years, and I can still think of the song right off the bat!)
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment