Sunday, July 7, 2013

How I joined Formspring

From 2010-2013 Formspring was one of the sites I visited the most. The story on how I got into formspring, and stuck around, is interesting and what I think of as the domino effect.



It all started when I used to regular a forum called Wober back in 2009-2010.

Disclaimer: For privacy reasons, I've given everyone new names. 
The only names that aren't changed, are my friends Queen & Chaco.

Wober made a topic about a new site called formspring, where you ask and answer questions.
Well, I thought "Hey why not?" and I joined trying to advertise my forum on there. Unfortunately there was nothing to do at the time so I left. (This was January 2010.)
 But then, maybe 4-6 months later around the summer time, I joined Yahoo Answers. I may or may not have joined YA!, because I wanted to thumb up a comment that was pro gay, but you had to be a level 2 on yahoo answers to thumbs up a comment. (As of 2019, I believe they got rid of the system, and anyone could thumbs up/down, which makes sense.). Well, I already had a yahoo account so I started answering and asking questions on Yahoo Answers to get points. When I eventually became a level two, I had forgotten where the comment was that I wanted to thumb up. (Don't-cha hate it when that happens?!) Instead I had made some friends, and I really liked helping out people on YA!
Eventually, I made friends with this guy named Jye, he was really interesting and I saw that he had a formspring, and so I logged back in and starting talking to him.
He was bisexual, so we would talk about what kinds of guys we liked, and he liked anime and video games so we talked about all sorts of stuff.
He would also talk to this girl named Teri Pterodactyl, and eventually I became friends with a couple of other people as well.
Teri Pterodactyl also talked to someone named Braylon Bay, who I talked to a for a long time. However, I didn't appreciate the posts he would make to my facebook, so I later deleted him in 2018. (Thank u next)
One time,  I told him about how he was friends with Teri, first on Formspring , but he doesn't remember her at all anymore!
Eventually I started meeting other people, and I still talk to a few of them still. (As of 2019, I lost touch with MANY of the friends I made on formspring, because a whole lot of them ended up being jerks. lol) Link
I also got my friends Queen and Chaco to join, but they don't go on there anymore, Queen does sometimes though.
I made all of these friends and I'm still around!

Unfortunately Jye disappeared early August 2010, Teri believed that he may have killed himself due to a disturbing question he had on YA! Where he stated he didn't want to live anymore. So, unfortunately I have not talked to him, and have no idea if he's even around anymore, I hope he is though. I always hope for that day where I'll get a question from him again.

 So, the reason for getting FS was at first I was just trying something new to advertise my forum on, but then I used it to chat with a friend, in which I made tons of friends and I was there until they closed in 2013. (Formspring changed their name to Spring me, which sounds sexual. Then they deleted themselves, and now redirect to a dating website, that has a virus warning on "Web of Trust".

Move Aside Yahoo Answers, and Formspring, because Quora has taken over henny, it's snatchin' crowns left and right!
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment