Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Horrendous day at work!

There must be something in the air, because all of a sudden I get one dick-wad AT LEAST a day.

There's casual annoyances, and then there is sheer nastiness. I had this one lady today that was really nice at first, but turned into a demon at the flick of a switch!

She ordered two dresses online, she didn't know which would fit her daughter. They were the same, but different sizes, and she came to return the other one. When she approached me to return them, I looked at her in awe because she didn't have a receipt, but a paper that told me that she bought it. There was a barcode so I did scan it, but it didn't work. Not knowing what this sheet was, I called the manager up. There was one other way to do a return, you can scan the persons license. However, if they do a certain amount of returns with a license, the store will not allow for them to do anymore returns without a receipt after a certain amount of uses. (This is due to people taking un-purchased merchandise off the shelf, going up the register saying they "lost the reciept", and get store credit back for an item they never bought).

So, I figure if we could figure something out I wouldn't have to use up the lady's license, uses.
The manager wasn't sure what to do either, so we ended up scanning her License anyway.
But then, the price of the dress went down, and instead of getting like 26 dollars, she was getting 21 dollars back.
She then flips out, and said something about how she had to wait online for a half an hour once, to do a return at my store. I said something to her about how she shouldn't be yelling at me because I have no control over this, she said something rude that I don't remember. The lady said something along the lines of she didn't want to return the dress, so I canceled the return and then she said she did want to return the dress. So I had to restart the computer and I needed the managers card for that... and then re-scan her license, in which she asked if it was going to put another point on her license, which I said no, but if it did I have no problem with that. Terrible people like her do not deserve to be able to return.
So I am doing what I am supposed to do, and the bitch had the nerve to say they put someone who doesn't know what they are doing on returns. Like hold up, I know what I am doing, I've been doing returns for two months at this point. I know she wouldn't know what to do, if I just let her go on the register herself. Besides, the only reason why there was an error, was her fault. She decided not to return the dress, and then changed her mind. I need a manager badge to scan, to do returns in the first place. So it's her fault that it took longer for her anyways! (Years later, they fixed this issue, so any cashier could do returns without a manager badge)

For the next part, and for the persons privacy. There is a woman I worked with for YEARS, she was an awful person. She was always getting mad at someone over the dumbest things, she was just not a happy person. I'm a nice person, who does the best I can. But she was still nasty to me anyways, she was however good with rude customers, and put them in their place. Let's call her Lipstick-Licker (LL for short), since she was quite the opposite.

Later on in the day, Lipstick-Licker accused me of doing something the wrong way, and I told them I always do things the right way, which annoyed me.
I'm like the only one that actually does the right thing around here, but all of a sudden I was a scapegoat!
Although, I have been under the impression this particular co-worker is not fond of me, not sure why though. They appear to ignore me, and they just seem so frustrated with me. (I later found out that this was just one of her awful personality traits.)

Later on, I forgot if it was LL, or another co-worker was talking about someone putting a bra in the shoe bin, in which I joked about it being a new trend called Bra-Shoes. I hope she knows I was joking and that I did not put a bra in the shoe bin, because I would never do that. I know sometimes people will joke around when they did the wrong thing, but I was just trying to be humorous with the horrendous day I was having.
I think it was LL, since she worked in the shoe department, but I can't remember anymore  (As I edit this in 2019)



Not to mention, I was the only one doing returns. Of course everyone wanted to do cash returns on the 4th of July, so my register just flat out has no cash left... yay!?

"Would you like cash back or put it on your card?" Cash of course!

BUT WHY?!! I would say put it on my card if I was returning something. I hate cash!

Then of course, I didn't get to take my lunch until about an hour before I was supposed to leave.. Because no one else could do returns, the only other person that could do returns got stuck with a customer for like a half an hour in the baby department!

If it wasn't for my friend being there at work, I don't know what I would have done. It just felt better with her around and getting to talk to her.

I pretty much fell asleep when I got home, I just wanted the day to be over... it was a terrible 4th of July for me at work. But watching the fireworks was nice and relaxing, I went to a store parking lot with my family and we watched fireworks from all ends.
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment