Saturday, June 22, 2013

My phone is a peice of shiznit

Gather round children, and local hobo! It's time for stories with Hotspot!

In September of 2007, I got into the game, Odin Sphere, and I received a Motorola Razr. It's not really important to point out the game I was playing, but I just associate the two together sometimes.

I barely ever used it until I went to college in 2008, and even then I still didn't use it that much.

Flash forward to 2010, I had recently just obtained my laptop. I was naive, and stupid. I saw an ad that said "Insert phone number to win graet PrIZZEZ!" so, dumb old me entered my phone number and they sent me tons and tons of texts. This lead to the phone bill costing an extra 20 dollars! Texting was 10 cents a text... yikes!
The phone company tried to block the number, but they were not able to, so they had to block texting completely to do so.
So I have not had a text since 2010. On a side note, the only texts I ever got were from the spam site, and from a guy who had the wrong number, I never responded but he stopped after three texts.


Dramatization of my Razr phone "peeing".


After a few years, my phone started to crap out on me; the battery started to die quicker, and as of late, it's started to do this thing where I cannot hear the person on the other end of the line. At my job, when one is going to work in a store in the morning before the doors are opened, one must call the store and ask for someone to open the door. I called numerous times last Sunday, and I heard nothing. I thought maybe they were hanging up or that I was so early that no one had arrived. I was also worried that maybe it was my hearing, as I had went out with my friends the night prior and we went to this place with obnoxiously loud music that hurt my ears. I thought maybe the after affects of the music made me slightly def, but that wasn't the case. My phone just wasn't picking up the other person on the line, it wasn't until I heard a slight voice say something I didn't understand. I said that I was at the door, In which I heard the loudspeaker say I was at the door, and once I was in I rushed to the managers office to tell them I could not hear them and my phone must not be working right. I realized it was my phone when I answered the store's phone later in the day and I could hear the customer just fine, although I did somehow think the person said "Princess" when they actually said "Cribs"... so there may have been a little bit of an affect from the loud music. This happened again the next day and the day after, it would also be selective; sometimes it worked fine and other times it didn't, it worked fine today however 6/21/2013. But the other day I called my mother and I could not hear her at all, I was just talking into the phone saying I could not hear her, and it wasn't until I jiggled the phone's head that it finally worked after like 15 seconds.

Another annoying thing is where, I can't put any pictures or data onto my computer. This is actually not the phone's fault, but the phone company doesn't want people to upload their own stuff onto their computer, it makes no sense at all. But luckily, there is a nifty program called Bitpim. It can extract images from the phone, but not videos, or voice recordings.

The reason why I've had this phone for so long, is because my family doesn't have money for a new phone, especially not a smart-phone, those things are expensive! (EDIT from 2018. I ended up getting a smart phone a year after this post, granted, it was given to me by someone else, and I didn't use it as a phone, but to play games on. I also paid for my own phone, and it was one with a keyboard that slides out. I paid for my own smart phone in 2016.)

Since I have a job, I can get my own phone plan, but I can really only afford a 20-30 dollar monthly plan type of thing, and I can only get a basic phone too.
I really want a smart phone, but ain't nobody got money for that! By nobody I mean me....

I'll probably get a phone that has the slide out keyboard, I really can't wait to text though... I'm super excited!
I'm going to be so annoying to my friends lol.
Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment