Thursday, June 13, 2013

This is why I'm a dog person

Are you a Dog, or a Cat person?

(I hear bird people are the weirdest! :P)



Most of this post, is coming from an old post from 2011, on my old journal forum.

I've always been a dog person, I love dogs. They're very cute, nice and playful; they can be your best friends and love you forever. Dogs are very loving, and fun to be around, they're attention whores!

Cats.. are a different story, I find cats are cute, but they are usually nasty, mean, and scary! Not to mention that they cough up hairballs everywhere and ruin your rugs! (Although that last complaint, is not very relevant.)

I actually have a really good reason as to why I am not really a fan of cats. For no apparent reason, almost every cat on this earth hates me. I don't know why though, I never did anything bad to them. But they for some reason think it's their duty to attack me for petting a nice cat, or punch me in the eye for looking at them!

The following is a list of a couple of times where cats attacked me, and hadn't done anything to them.

Unfortunate Events 

• My aunt's cat named Buttons (It's real name was s#|+-head)... Had bitten me when I was little on many occasions, attacked me for petting another cat, and would growl at me for just looking at it.

• A second cousin of mine, had a cat that punched me in the eye just for looking at it. That same cat also attacked my brother, just for trying to walk out the door!

• One time I went trick or treating with my siblings, and this cat was at a house, and was hissing. It wasn't a normal hissing either. It was a terrifying hissing sound, me and my siblings were extremely afraid that this cat was going to attack us, that we actually never went trick or treating to that house again! It was really scary, and me not really liking cats was terrified. When I say terrified, I mean it, It made me fear for my life.


(This was Angel, a neighbors dog, unfortunately, she died in 2016. Such a friendly dog, who had a habit of licking the floor for no reason.)


Being Afraid of Friendly Cats

Due to these events, I have a fear of cats. Not to be confused with a phobia, phobia's are an irrational fear, that have no cause, while just having a "Fear", is caused due to traumatic events.

Because of my fear of cats, there were times where friendly cats approached me, and I was afraid to be near them.

• One time, I was waiting at the bus stop to college, and I was near a house with a cat sitting on the lawn. The cat started walking towards me, it started to rub it's head against the lamp post. I was afraid of what it would do to me, and left it alone.

• There was this cat on the sidewalk a few times when I got off the bus stop from work, and it would come near me when I was walking on the sidewalk, so I actually crossed the street, and took the longer route to avoid this cat, because I was so afraid of it, and worrying that it would attack me.

My aunt told me that these cats may have wanted me to pet them, and would not have attacked me.

• There was a neighbor cat, that would run away frequently, and it enjoyed being around our house.
I did get the courage to pet it, but it did try to bite me once, which did scare me. My dad told me I was petting it in the wrong place.

This is the mysterious neighbors cat, when it came to play with my and my brother.

I edited my brothers legs out of this picture, the cats head is leaning on his legs, so that's why it's head is a little funny.

I'd say I've met more nasty cats, than nice ones!

In my opinion, cats are cute, but they can be nasty, and I suggest proceeding with caution around them. Having the experiences I have had has made me fear them and I will honestly not go up to one and randomly pet it, I will leave it alone because I am just so afraid that they will attack me.
If I see a cat, I will just walk away.
I'm afraid of cats, they have been horrible to me when I didn't do anything to them. So I just don't really like them all that much.

But I love dogs, they are usually much nicer than cats and love you unconditionally. But of course there are good, and bad dogs, and cats. I've only met one dog I wasn't a fan of, it was also when I was little and it always jumped on me! They had to put me on a high up stool, so that the dog couldn't get to me. lol

My friend Donna, is a cat person, and she has had a bunch of cats. I've known Donna for about 10 years as I re-edit this post in 2019. I've met many of her cats, and they're all really nice. A few of them have since died, and so she got new ones (I've met quite a bunch at this point) . I've never had a problem with any of her cats, they're all super friendly to me. She also told me that a few of her friends are not cat people, and even they say she has the best cats! lol
Donna is a good cat trainer, she has trained her cat "Bitty Bear",  to be on a leash, and to sit when strangers are near, that birds are friends, not food. He is very playful, and friendly. She believes that I just met the wrong cats. Which could be possible. I'm much more at ease with her cats, than someone else's. There are certain things her cats will do, that scare me. Her one cat "Ms Floof", really likes it when I pet her, and wants me to scratch her belly. But that, I am too afraid to do, due to previous experiences. Even if Ms Flooff would not attack me, I'm still too scared to do it.


What bothers me, is how dog lovers are ostracized for not liking cats! I see it all the time on the internet. Cats are everywhere, and the second someone isn't a fan of cats, they get harassed! I for one, never harass people about not liking dogs. On the other hand, I have been called and idiot, and told that I am not a good person for not liking cats, from a random person on the internet who doesn't know me. I'm literally one of the nicest people you could meet, and I'm never out to harm anyone, or any animal!



 

Do you like cats or dogs better? Or, are you an Alligator kind of person??


Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment